Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Not Just a Mom



Recently I have realized that I don't really have any hobbies or interests of my own.  Maybe you know how it is- take the kids to school, go to work, pick the kids up, take the kids to their after school activities, make dinner, eat dinner, baths, family time and if I'm LUCKY, fall asleep in my own bed with no children on top of me.

Don't get me wrong, I love my children and I like nothing more than spending time with them, but recently I've been wondering where I have gone.  Where is the old Jenn who liked to write and grow plants and hit the beach on a whim?  Obviously, as a single mom, I have definitely changed.  I have decided, though, that being a mom is not all that I am.  So, having been inspired by a friend and an acquaintance who are fantastic bloggers, I am going to give this a try  and see if it adds another level of fulfillment to my life.

Alright, hang on tight, as I jump in with both feet and write about my family, job, politics, pedicures- whatever moves me.  And maybe, somewhere along the way, I might inspire someone myself.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you all they way...you're already an inspiration! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read about your journey Jennifer! Even though we feel being a Mom is the one of the most important rolls in our lives its kind of scary that moment when you find you have lost yourself in that roll But, also, exciting to now realize you have so much of yourself to once again discover and grow.

    At this point you will be doing it with a whole new perspective and view of things. Be open to finding new paths and places to find enjoyment. The hobbies and person you discover may have changed a bit. Try something new. Have fun and let the kids see you enjoying something that can involve them but does not center around them. Its healthy for all of you.

    Miss you! Hope things are going so great for you and those precious babies. Look forward to reading as this new chapter unfolds.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete