Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lessons Learned

Yesterday I turned 39.  For some people, that number might seem scary, but not for me.  You see, I entered my 30s thinking they would be the BEST decade of my life!  Now, I know life is what you make of it, but my 30s have not treated me as well as I had imagined.  I did, however, receive the two most wonderful gifts of my life in my 30s- Keifer and Hope! So my 30s have had a couple of redeeming qualities, but for the most part, I will not be sad to see them go.  You see, someone close to me keeps reminding me that I have ACTUALLY already had my 39th year and am starting my 40th.  Well, bring it on 40!  I'm not scared of you.  But as I inch  my way to the big 4-0, I want to take a minute and look back at some of the lessons I've learned from the 3rd decade of my life.....

 



1.  Don't be fooled by wolves in sheeps' clothing.  Putting your trust and faith in the wrong person or thing can have dire consequences.

2.  Take you blessings as they come and be thankful.  Sometimes the best blessings come in the midst of the worst tragedies. 

3.  Only you can know when it is time to let go of something.  Trust your gut!

4.  Love comes in all different forms.

5.  Cultivate patience.  No one catches the big fish by casting their line 100 times in a row.

6.  Life will have greater heartaches than you ever imagined.  You WILL survive!

7.  Not everything is ordained by God.  Our messy, sinful selves create most of our problems and situations that become problems.  But no matter what we do, God will show up.  He might not give us the solution we want, but He's still there.

8.  If it's important, say it.  You might not hear what you want to hear, but at least you live without the regret of never having said it.

9.  Love your children with the biggest love you have.  You never know what tomorrow holds.

10.  Second chances are sometimes the best gifts we get!

No comments:

Post a Comment